Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thursday Morning Monologue - February 2, 2012

Yesterday I stayed home sick from work, and made the mistake of falling asleep while watching a two-hour documentary on Fatty Arbuckle. I had some weird dreams, and now I get nervous any time someone offers me a soda. Thankfully that doesn't happen often. Okay, now for some made up stuff mixed in with true stuff for comedic effect.

The newest issue of Psychological Science published a study linking low I.Q. to racism, prejudice and conservatism. No word yet if there's also a correlation to the enjoyment of Whitney.

Lisa Marie Presley said yesterday that she wants to make a better Elvis film than those that have previously been made. Also, she wants to pay her rent.

In earth news, geologists are trying to use recent volcanic eruptions to predict if and when a "super volcano" may erupt. Or, they could just watch SyFy on any Saturday afternoon.

French presidential candidate Francois Hollande was flour-bombed while on the campaign trail. Mimes are suspected.

Because of their white faces.

The New Jersey city of Hoboken officially denied filming permits to a new Jersey Shore spinoff. Mayor Zimmer was praised for taking this stand to defend the local douchebag industry.

Comic publisher DC is releasing a series of prequels to the seminal Watchmen series this summer. Writer Grant Morrison is demanding they include Batman.

Because he friggin' loves Batman.

In television news, Heather Locklear is set to join the cast of Downtown Abbey. Things are about to get sexy.

And finally, Mitt Romney said yesterday that he's "not focused on the poor," probably because they don't have any money. Thanks for the honesty, Mitt.

And that's it for me! I'll see you on Monday! Till then, have a Coke and a Smile!

5 comments:

  1. Is Locklear on your mind because she was just hospitalized for overdosing on old episodes of General Hospital or something?

    I've held off up to now but we have to talk about your hatred of Whitney. I mean, I don't disagree, it's not good but it's also not bad enough to stick with you this long unless, I don't know, she slept with you once and didn't call. Did you sleep with Whitney? Is this where the shame spiral is coming from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kizz,

    I had no idea that she was hospitalized! That's awful. I was just thinking that Downtown Abbey is like Melrose Place for PBS.

    As for Whitney, it's awful. She's a good person, but that show is awful. And I'll stop hating it as soon as NBC stops promoting it so aggressively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to back off. The more you harp on it the more they'll keep hammering that shit. I'm still watching mostly so I'll know if it's still as bad as you say. The only parts that are really worth it are when they'll deliver a line that's such utter dreck they can't even keep a straight face about it. That and how Whit and they guy who plays her bf are only showing up to work because they want to actually bone each other. (This is the point at which you tell me they're both gay.)

    As for Locklear, well, apparently Jack Wagner was the one holding her life together which...well...when she's out of rehab I hope she can laugh about that. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/20/heather-locklear-rehab_n_1218891.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Locklear...man, for a hot mess alcoholic addicted drug maven, she's still, well, hot. But I don't want her skank stinking up my lace and doilies and proper lovemaking at Downton. It's the only thing that cleanses my soul after SOA and BB marathons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have to say I'm a little worried about that. Not excited about her flashing vintage cleavage.

      Delete

Chime in!